Scalia Group has developed a business model characterized by dynamic and pioneering growth in the leather goods, footwear and luggage sector, since its foundation by the Scalia family in 1886. Creativity and excellence have always been the cornerstones of the success of the Group which opened its first store in Palermo in 1959, continuing over time to believe in the importance of giving its customers an assortment of top bags, suitcases and accessories.
The experience of the company, merged with the customer assistance capable of making a difference thanks to the many years of professionalism of the staff, has represented the key to success over time.
In 2012 the company opened www.scaliagroup.com, translated in Englis and German in few years, providing its customers with a refined selection of products present in the stores, as well as thousands of products belonging to similar product categories, becoming (around 2019) a digitally advanced and complete functional shopping platform, with a personal and dedicated assistance service as well as the possibility to buy online and pick up in store.
New Scalia Bags stores were opened in the main streets within a few years of Palermo and Agrigento shopping, able to offer their customers the best products of the most important brands on the market such as The Bridge, Piquadro, Samsonite, Coccinelle, Braccialini, Trussardi, Bric's, Le Pandorine, Roncato and Cromia.
In 2018, in addition to the retail world, the exclusive distribution activity for Italy of Doppler, Friedrich | 23, Titan, Travelite and Otto Kessler products began, also sold on the e-commerce site as well as throughout the country through a organized and widespread distribution network.
An important step in the growth path is represented by the inauguration of a new business unit "Scalia Digital Consulting", capable of offering a range of services that covers the digitization process of a company at 360 °, from the planning of a digital strategy to the reorganization of a website (programming, textual content, photos and videos), placing great emphasis on web marketing and business reengineering activities. The goal is to transfer its know-how to companies capable of grasping the need for a digital transformation of their business.
In 2021 a path of evolution begins with the opening of the store in Viale Strasburgo 120/122, creating a new interactive and engaging multi-experience concept, taking advantage of 50 years of experience in the world of leather goods and luggage. Touch points, totems and interactive tablets for purchase are the perfect realization of the company philosophy based on the integration between online and offline, able to give a multisensory experience and satisfying even the needs of the most demanding customer, thanks to payment via smartphone and advanced cash systems.
Scalia Group boasts the distinction of being the only group present in the leather goods sector in Italy which, in addition to physical stores and an e-commerce site, is the exclusive distributor for Italy of brands such as Doppler, Titan, Travelite, Friedrich | 23 and Otto Kessler. It currently has ____ employees and closed 2020 with a turnover of _____ euros, with important awards from the major national and international newspapers:
- 2017 - Scalia Group is among the three largest e-commerce sites in Italy in its sector
- 2018 - Scalia Group is included in the "Il Sole 24 Ore" ranking among the top 350 "Growth Leaders"
- 2019 - Scalia Group is included in the Financial Times ranking of the 1000 European companies that grew the most in the three-year period 2014-2017
- 2020 - Scalia Group is once again in the "Il Sole 24 Ore" ranking among the top 350 "Growth Leaders"
- 2020 - Scalia Group is once again included in the Financial Times ranking of the 1000 European companies that grew the most in the three-year period 2015-2018
- 2020 - Scalia Group wins the Smau 2020 Innovation Award for "Innovative development strategies, locally and online, for a brand and stores born at the end of the 19th century"
- 2020 - Scalia Group Star of E-Commerce according to Corriere della Sera, returning to the Italian excellences of e-commerce in fourth place in the accessories and bags sector.
Despite the important awards, Scalia Group has tried to improve even more the experience of its customers on the e-commerce site, renewing it and increasing the services offered and the quality of the customer experience, aiming for even more ambitious results.